Monday, August 16, 2010

Mooi is dat!

MooiisdatCover.jpg picture by erikdegraaf
One reason I was so busy during the last weeks: a project called 'Mooi is dat!'. It's an idea from Gert Jan Pos (Hollands Comics-promotor), a book with the fifty higlights of Dutch literature, but then translated in images by fifty Dutch and Flemish artists. And I will be one of them, which I think is an honour. Some other artists are: Joost Swarte, Erik Kriek, Guido van Driel, Pieter de Poortere, Randall C. etc...
Every artist has chosen his favorite piece. Mine is the poem 'Denkend aan Holland' by Hendrik Marsman. A legendary poem which describes in a beautiful, but also threatening way the Dutch landscape. 'Denkend aan Holland' was chosen as the favorite poem of the 20th century. Really an honour for me to draw it... in one page.


My page is finished, but I can't show it be fore the book is published. 'Mooi is dat!' will be presented beginning of november and there will be a (travelling) expo that starts in the Library of Amsterdam.

No comments: